International Business Program is designed for students interested in a career in an international environment. The program (Undergraduate Program: International Business Program) meets the need for business men and women who are able to work in an international business life and contains general as well as specialized courses, all given in English. You will meet students from different parts of the world during the program (Undergraduate Program: International Business Program) which gives you an excellent basis for understanding other cultures. If you take the chance to go abroad, on a university exchange and/or an international internship, you will have experience from studying and working in an international environment. This provides you with valuable experience when applying for future work.
Career opportunities After studying on the International Business Program you will have the competence and qualifications to work with international business related tasks in companies, organizations or in the public sector. The internship program offers you a unique opportunity to work abroad where you will have the chance to practice and develop your skills in marketing, management or finance. The program (Undergraduate Program: International Business Program) gives you eligibility for advanced and post-graduate studies in business administration.
All courses are studied one at a time with an examination at the end of each module. Normally each course module is 5 weeks.
Courses in the first five semesters and part of the sixth semester are obligatory.
• Business International Administration A (International Business Environment, marketing, organization and management of the firm, management accounting)
• Statistics (Introduction into statistical quality control and statistical decision theory) and Economic History (about the evolution of economic phenomena in historical perspective)
• Economics (how to manage limited resources)
• Business International administration B (Financial accounting B, entrepreneurial and enterprise and enterprise resource planning systems, Research methodology in Business Administration, foundations of Finance.
• Business Administration C and electives (In this semester, you will study 15 credits at C level where you choose between marketing and finance, and 15 credits (elective courses) in any subject as long as you fulfill the requirements and there are seats available on that course. You are guaranteed a seat on all courses in the following institutions: Business Administration, Economics, statistics, Law and economic history. You may also apply for other courses with in languages, behavioral sciences and informatics. You may also go for exchange studies abroad in this semester.
• Jurisprudential survey course (Introduction to Swedish Law and Basic EU Law) and 15 credits elective courses (students have an opportunity to go for internship abroad ( optional) but which we highly recommend or choose to study 15 credits electives( same conditions as in semester 5)
In the seventh semester, you will choose a specialization between the unique courses for each emphasis in Business administration. (Marketing, Management,Business Development and Internationalization).
Semester 8: Degree project. The degree project should have the same emphasis as your area of specialization (to be written with another student).
Assistance in oral and written presentation in English will be given parallel with courses in semester 1 and 4.
Students that complete this program use their qualification to work in companies, organizations and authorities with an international emphasis. The program (Undergraduate Program: Business International Program) also prepares the student for an international work environment.